Born in 1974 in Iowa City, Iowa. I have 3 siblings (Rachael Woodley, Sarah Hurley and Kevin Hurley).
- Aug – Attended Helen Lemme Elementary school, where my grandpa (Ralph Delozier) was the Principal.
- Aug – Attended South East Junior High, and played football, basketball and ran track. I also was a team manager for the girls volleyball team with my mom as the coach (Diane Delozier/Hurley/Lahr)
- Attended Iowa City City High School from 1989-1992. I played football (4 years), basketball (3 years), and soccer (4 years).
- Aug – Attended the University of Iowa, and walked-on the football team. Read more about my football career >>>
- May – Completed a B.S. degree in Statistics.
- Apr – Signed with New York Giants as a placekicker
- May – Signed with Iowa Barnstormers as kicker
- May – Continued with graduate school in the Quality Management and Productivity program, and completed my M.S. in May 1999.
- Jan – Accepted a position with Rockwell Collins in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Aug – Signed with New York Giants as a punter, took leave of absence from work
- Jan – Signed with Quad City Steamwheelers in Moline, IL
- Apr – Transferred to Melbourne, Florida with Rockwell Collins.
- Dec – Converted back to being an atheist (we are all born atheist).
- Feb – Got into a motorcycle accident, but luckily nothing serious or any long-term effects.
- Dec – Got married to Vera Thompson.
- Nov – Moved back to Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Oct – Installed solar panels on my home in Florida (that I rent out).
- Dec – Completed a Certificate of Sustainability from the University of Iowa. Read more about my sustainability accomplishments >>>
- Jun – Joined IISE (formerly IIE) as webmaster for the Sustainable Development Division
- Jul – Transferred to Wilsonville, Oregon with Rockwell Collins. Wilsonville is south of Portland, Oregon, where I currently live.
- Jun – Hiked up Mt. St. Helens.
- Jul – Became a full-time vegan.
- May – Hiked up Mt. St. Helens for 2nd time.
- Aug – Joined Lean Portland group to help nonprofit organizations.
- Nov – Joined Community Energy Project as volunteer instructor for Weatherization Workshop.
- Jan – Leased a Chevy Spark EV (100% electric), which was my first new car.
- June – Joined IISE as webmaster for the Portland Chapter.
- Aug – Achieved Master Black Belt certification from 6sigma.US
- Sept – Named President of Recycling Advocates
- Jan – Published online course “Lean Six Sigma and the Environment“
- June – Named Community Consulting Lead for Lean Portland, managing all nonprofit projects
- July – After 18.5 years, left Rockwell Collins to pursue consulting full-time, officially running Business Performance Improvement.
- Jan – Achieved Certified B Corporation status
- Apr – Joined 1% for the Planet
- Oct – Hosted Zero Waste Conference
- Nov – Published first book, “Lean Six Sigma for Good: How Improvement Experts Can Help People in Need, and Help Improve the Environment“
- Nov – Completed workshop series “Lean Six Sigma and Wasted Food“
- May – Named Vice President of IISE Sustainable Development Division
- Oct – Published second book, “Lean Six Sigma for Good: Lessons from the Gemba (Volume 1): Real-life stories and experiences written by Lean and Six Sigma volunteers working with not-for-profit organizations“
- May – Named President of IISE Sustainable Development Division
- Oct – Completed second term as President of Recycling Advocates
- Oct – Released Audible version of second book, “Lean Six Sigma for Good: Lessons from the Gemba (Volume 1): Real-life stories and experiences written by Lean and Six Sigma volunteers working with not-for-profit organizations“